MCF strives to serve as City Owners Forum with following objectives:
- To assist government departments / agencies in timely completion of city related projects by facilitation better coordination - at local, state and central level
- To promote transparency in public procurement by local agencies
- To work towards bringing the benefits of various schemes/projects to our city by relentlessly pursuing relevant central & state government agencies
- To encourage citizens participation in achieving MCF's objectives
- To build public awareness during Municipal elections so that all candidates / voters seek / cast votes based on city issues / development criteria only.
- To research on various parameters related to quality of life in Meerut, e.g. - Air Quality, Water Quality, etc. and provide to decision makers in government for policy making, projects planning & execution.
To achieve these objectives the MCF will work to:
- Develop and maintain a database of projects under planning / execution in the city to keep track of their progress and make efforts to remove bottlenecks, if any, by coordinating with relevant agencies
- Present status reports, white papers, best practices from time to time to political leadership / city officials
- Organize conferences and discussions on Best Practices in other cities by inviting subject specialists
- Engage decision makers and citizens especially leveraging social media on issues of tropical interest
- Build alliances with universities/NGOs in order to further the above objectives
If you wish to contribute by your ideas, time or in any way, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org